Dropping Knowledge: 5 Things You Will Learn in the Sept. Issue of Nail It! Wednesday 21 August, 2013
Here’s five reason to check out the newest issue of Nail It! magazine, the magazine for nail enthusiasts.
If you haven’t picked up the latest issue of Nail It! magazine, get thee to a newsstand, STAT! (And if you don’t know which newsstand to hit up, you can always visit wheresmymagazine.com to find out.)
In the September/October 2013 issue, there’s plenty of nail art to ogle over, plus five great things you’ll learn more about by picking it up!
1. Nails don’t “breathe.” Yep—it’s true; they don’t have lungs. This myth, plus seven other doozies, are all dissected and disproved in the story “Common Nail Myths Busted” on page 87.
2. You can easily create a houndstooth pattern on nails. Nail artist Ran Kowatari walks you through the steps in “Prepped for Plaid…” (page 119)—it’s easier than you’d think!
3. Regular pedicures help runners. Even if you’re worried about losing calluses, our expert, Dr. Robert Spalding, Jr. DPM, swears that you can still seek pedicures. Read more about his runners’ tips for great feet in “Ask Us” on page 70.
4. We show you the exact steps on how to get Blake Lively’s Met Gala manicure, straight from her manicurist, Elle! Check this cool step-by-step in “She Nailed It!” on page 60.
5. The fall season isn’t all about mega-dark polish hues. Our model wears a stunning bright bright orange in “Fall All Over” on page 102.
Remember: Nail It! is available on most major newsstands, or you can always sign up for a subscription on nailitmag.com. So pick yours up now!