Contest: Dermlect ME Fearless Beauty Nail Art Challenge 1 Monday 29 April, 2013
Nail art challenge! Try your hand at this wave nail art design, and be entered to win the Dermelect ME Fearless Beauty nail polish collection plus Timeless Anti-Aging Hand Cream!
Last week, my Fearless Beauty nail polish collaboration with Dermelect ME finally went on sale, and naturally, I’ve been playing around with the four colors—Buzz-worthy yellow, Fearless cerulean, Moxie pink and Renegade jade—to see what the infinite possibilities are to create cool nail art designs. And because I worked with superstar manicurist Elle (she paints Jennifer Lopez’s nails regularly!) on this collection, I thought: Why not ask Elle to create a few nail art looks using the Fearless Beauty colors, and share these looks with my readers? And, then, take that a step further: Why don’t I try to recreate the looks? And then, even one step further: Why not ask YOU to try your hand at recreating the nail art, and reward the person with the best nail artistry with a fat prize?
What will the prize be? You can win: The complete Fearless Beauty nail polish collection plus Dermelect Timeless Anti-Aging Hand Cream (a $78 value).
Welcome to the first of three Dermelect ME Fearless Beauty Nail Art Challenges! The first task: “Do the Wave” nail art.
First – Here’s how to enter:
1. Recreate this “Do the Wave” nail art look using a yellow polish and a blue polish. You can either recreate this nail art design EXACTLY or you can create your own design, but you must use the “wave” element seen in this nail art somewhere in your design as well as the same color scheme (blue and yellow).
2. Take a picture of your nail art design. LIKE Dermelect’s Facebook page, and upload your design to the Facebook page.
3. Spread the word! Reblog, Instagram, tweet or share your Facebook post with hashtag #Fearlessbeauty, and follow Dermelect on Twitter or Pinterest. The more ways you follow/share, the more entries you get!
4. Leave a comment with your uploaded picture, including details of how you shared this post (if relevant).
This FIRST of THREE nail art contests will run midnight Monday April 29, 2013 and ending 11:59pm Sunday May 5, 2013. Entrants must be from the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
You can enter as many times as you like; however, you can only win once.
Winners will be announced shortly after each contest ends on FearNoBeauty.com and Dermelect’s Facebook page.
(Here’s my first attempt at this nail art look; not too shabby! Now, you try!)
Here’s how to recreate the look:
1. Start with a base-coated nail. Paint half of the nail yellow; do on all 10 nails. Allow to dry.
2. Working on one nail at a time, paint the other half of the blue.
3. While the blue is still wet, repaint the yellow half of the nail in yellow.
4. Using a toothpick or dotter tool, lightly drag the tip of the tool back and forth between where the two colors meet. You’ll want to do a zigzag movement.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 on all remaining nails, remembering to work one nail at a time so that your polish remains tacky/wet when you create your “wave” design.
6. Allow all nails to dry and seal with high-shine top coat.
Now, you try this design, or a version of this design, and upload your creation to Dermelect’s Facebook page, as well as Tweet and Instagram the look with the tag #FearlessBeauty, and you could be the winner of the Fearless Beauty collection plus Timeless Anti-Aging Hand Cream.
We’re so excited to see what you come up with! Good luck! …and stay tuned for the next nail art challenge, which will post May 6!