Contest: Dermelect ME Fearless Beauty Nail Art Challenge 2 Monday 06 May, 2013
Nail art challenge! Try your hand at this fun floral nail art design, and be entered to win the Dermelect ME Fearless Beauty nail polish collection plus Runway Ready Luxury Foot Treatment!
Alright, nail art lovers: Dermelect ME is hosting another nail art challenge!
What’s at stake: Winning my nail polish collaboration with Dermelect, Fearless Beauty, a collection of four creamy colors—Buzz-worthy yellow, Fearless cerulean, Moxie pink and Renegade jade—plus Dermelect Runway Ready Luxury Foot Treatment (a complete retail value of $81).
So, here’s the deal: A-list manicurist Elle crafted this nail art design using my Fearless Beauty collection, and now we want YOU to put polish to nail and recreate the nail art for a chance to win!
Welcome to the second of three Dermelect ME Fearless Beauty Nail Art Challenges! The second task: “Fun Floral” nail art.
First – Here’s how to enter:
1. Recreate this “Fun Floral” nail art look using pink, yellow and blue polishes. You can either recreate this nail art design EXACTLY or you can create your own design, but you must use the “floral” element seen in this nail art somewhere in your design as well as the same color scheme (pink, blue and yellow).
2. Take a picture of your nail art design. LIKE Dermelect’s Facebook page, and upload your design to the Facebook page.
3. Spread the word! Reblog, Instagram, tweet or share your Facebook post with hashtag #Fearlessbeauty, and follow Dermelect on Twitter or Pinterest. The more ways you follow/share, the more entries you get!
4. Leave a comment with your uploaded picture, including details of how you shared this post (if relevant).
This SECOND of THREE nail art contests will run midnight Monday May 5, 2013 and ending 11:59pm Sunday May 12, 2013. Entrants must be from the United States (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
You can enter as many times as you like; however, you can only win once.
Winners will be announced shortly after each contest ends on FearNoBeauty.com and Dermelect’s Facebook page.
(Here’s my first attempt at this nail art look; not too shabby! Now, you try!)
1. Start with a base-coated nail. Apply two coats of bubble-gum pink polish. Allow to dry.
2. Using a large dotting tool, create your blue flowers by placing three dots of blue polish together in a triangle formation. Repeat this several times on the nail, but keep your placement random. “There should be no rhyme or reason to your placement,” says Elle. “In fact, make sure to do them as ‘partial’ flowers on the edges of the nails so it looks even more imperfect, as though it’s a print.”
3. Using a small dotting tool, dot the middle of each flower with yellow polish.
4. Allow all nails to dry and seal with high-shine top coat.
Now, you try this design, or a version of this design, and upload your creation to Dermelect’s Facebook page, as well as Tweet and Instagram the look with the tag #FearlessBeauty, and you could be the winner of the Fearless Beauty collection plus Runway Ready Luxury Foot Treatment.
We’re so excited to see what you come up with! Good luck! …and stay tuned for the next nail art challenge, which will post May 13!