Dropping Knowledge: 5 Things You’ll Learn in the Jan/Feb 2014 Issue of Nail It! Magazine Friday 03 January, 2014
Here’s five reason to check out the January/February 2014 issue of Nail It! magazine, the magazine for nail enthusiasts—out on newsstands now.
If you haven’t picked up the latest issue of Nail It! magazine, get thee to a newsstand, STAT! (And if you don’t know which newsstand to hit up, you can always visit wheresmymagazine.com to find a stand near you.) And if you like to not only read your magazine in glossy print, but also on your computer screen or tablet, we now offer it as a digital edition as well! What this means for you: All of those great products we mention in the magazine are super-easy to purchase from the digital edition; just click on the linked site!
But on to what’s so great about the current issue. In the January/February 2014 issue, there’s plenty of nail art to ogle over, plus five great things you’ll learn more about by picking it up!
1. For the nail obsessive, indie polish is where it’s at. But, in our story “Indie Polish 101” (page 84), we learned from KBShimmer owner Christy Rose the three major no-no’s to look out for when buying or making a glitter indie polish: “Bleeding (color from glitter tints the base), curling (glitter shape curls, stopping it from laying flat on the nail) and melting (breaks down in the base).” This wisdom and so much more can be found in the story!
2. When tasked with creating original nail designs based off of four major spring 2014 nail art trends for the story “Spring’s Top Nail Art Trends” (page 104), not a single one of the five manicurists we worked with created similar looks. In fact, the four nail art designs created based on the “Flash Mob” trend are so entirely different, they prove that creativity is alive and well.
3. Studs are still huge—and they show now signs of waning. Manicurist Naja Green topped nail tips in a variety of different studs in the cover story “On the Street” (page 92) as did nail artist Britney Tokyo in the story “Accessorize It!” (page 114).
4. When we were backstage at the Ruffian Spring 2014 show, we were shocked to learn from the designer duo behind the label that they actually base their runway collections around a nail look! Learn more about what the “Ruffian boys” are up to when it comes to nails in the story “Nails Before Fashion” (page 39).
5. We saw, you’ll conquer: When we spotted three totally cool nail art looks at New York Fashion Week, we just had to find out the exact steps to get the them. Learn how to create the looks from Libertine, Emerson and Rebecca Minkoff in “Straight From the Catwalks!” (page 42).
We have so much fun putting Nail It! magazine together and I just know you’ll love it. So give it a flip-through! And remember: Nail It! magazine is available on most major newsstands, or you can always sign up for a subscription on nailitmag.com. So pick yours up now!