Fear No Beauty on IFB June 20 Links a La Mode Friday 21 June, 2013
This week, Fear No Beauty made the cut for IFB (Independent Fashion Bloggers) Links a la Mode for June 20!
It has been a long time since I’ve submitted a link for consideration to the Independent Fashion Bloggers site, but I felt that my story about Vanity Projects had the merit to be picked, and it was!
As usual, I read my fellow selectees’ posts, and I found The In Club‘s Are We Overly Nostalgic? really piqued my interest. Valid point made: How do we really know who the modern girl is if we are constantly comparing ourselves to the past generations? I wouldn’t even know how to answer that, except to point to forward-thinking designers, like Junya Watanabe and Martin Margiela, both true innovators who don’t dwell too much on the past…if at all. They aren’t caught up in the wheel of churning out old ideas, re-spun with new fabrics and thinga-ma-jigs. But, then again, I’ve started adopting various caftans in my wardrobe, so I guess I have nostalgia for the ’70s (which I knew was the case already because I haven’t really been caught in anything but bell-bottom jeans and wide-leg pants for nearly a decade).
Anyway, here are my fellow linkers! Enjoy!
Links à la Mode: The IFB Weekly Roundup
- A Beautyfull Word: To Be Perfect: The Impossible Goal
- A la Mode St: Eye Spy Spy Clothing!
- Alysa Life: 10 Life Lessons from Nanny Fine
- Coverrated: Men’s Right to Fashion
- E l l e S e e s: Sprinkles Nails
- FASHSTASH: The bag speaks for itself | Desti Saint
- Fashion Thrill: The Beauty Benefits and Uses of Coconut Oil | Skin
- Fear No Beauty: Vanity Projects Is Elevating the Status of Nail Art
- Fierce: Fashion Bloggers It’s Time to Step Up!
- Hunting in Heels: How to sleep in style: Audrey Hepburn
- The In Club: Are We Overly Nostalgic?
- Lara Lizard: Your best age is now
- Ms. Dee Kay: OOTD 5 tips to dressing up a Big Chop, Fade, TWA, short hair
- Ms. Fabulous: The Evolution of Scuba Style
- Rose & Pine: As If! A Guide to Cher Horowitz’s Wardrobe!
- Stilettos & Tequila: Are You A Shopaholic Who Maxes Out On A Credit Card?
- Style Bizarre: Personal Blogs: How Much is Too Much?
- The Sparkling Spell: Taylor Swift’s Fashion Evolution
- Undercover Dress-Up Lover: Laser cutting
- Wild Beauty: Child Model Law Passed Unanimously in New York